This is a great opportunity to strengthen your resume while helping a worthy non-profit organization. If you are a social media user, proficient in posting and designing social media pages, and know how social media works to build traffic, this is a match for you. Be the social media expert for the organization. Draft a comprehensive social media plan to drive targeted traffic to the site. You will help design our social media sites, teach management how to effectively blog and use social media. Answer or find answers to management's many social media questions.
App to Succeed Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to stop the cycle of poverty in the United States by providing best-in-class, comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
We regret, as a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Acknowledgement on the App to Succeed website for meeting the internship expectations.
2. Academic credit and/or community service hours are given, with school approval.
3. Internship Certificate will be awarded to interns who fulfill the internship expectations.
4. A personal letter of reference, will be written by the CEO, will be awarded to interns who do exceed expectations and make a significant contribution to the project.
5. The personal finance information the interns learn while working on this project will benefit their own financial management.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone,saving the time and cost of commuting.
- The number of weeks and hours per week will be determined based on the intern's abilities, scope of interest, commitment and availability.
- Many of our interns take paid jobs, not related to their career interest, while they do their career-related internship with App to Succeed.
Choose all or some of the following assignments.
1. Review the social media sites we have selected.
2. Research the metrics and demographic information on the social media types.
3. Recommend what mix of social media is most appropriate for our target.4. Substantiate your recommendations with demographic and volume analytics and knowledge of what functions each type of social media is effective for.
5. Research and screen for the best webinars or tutorials for beginners on each type of social media.
6. Design home pages and post content for the social media chosen.
7. Make sure all social media sites are ready to go live.
8. Recommend design improvements for our blog.
9. Offer advice on the most effective entries for each social media type.
10. Create content for social media using our sources or your original sources.
11. Create or help us to create a comprehensive plan on how to drive targeted traffic to our website through social media.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- 20+ hrs./wk.<16 wks. or 12+ hrs./wk. for 16+ wks.
- Maturity to work virtually. Proactive, self-motivated, high standards.