The staff of Charles River Valley is looking for several individuals with a background in house painting interested in undertaking projects. Individuals should have a basic knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the painting of houses, buildings, or other structures. The majority of this work will be carried out individually with several opportunities to work on larger projects and assist or lead Trustees staff or volunteers.
This position will be based at Powisset Farm in Dover, the management unit headquarters/workshop for the Charles River Valley. Powisset Farm is a thriving 109 acre farm with an active Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, oak forests, brooks, vernal pools, and wooded wetlands. It is adjacent to the 620 acre Trustees property, Noanet Woodlands.
* Prep, scrape, prime, etc. both internal and external surfaces
* Keep workshop clean and organized.
* Log volunteer hours in a timely fashion
* Ability to work with tools, paint and materials
* Ability to organize assigned tasks, for completion alone or with help
* Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
* Solid communication skills to update staff on project status and needs
* Traveling to nearby properties will be necessary
* Prior painting experience required
Minimum of 10 to 12 hours per month with a 3 month commitment. Flexible schedule. Ideally, volunteer would have some weekday availability to work alongside staff as needed.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Facilities Management
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Min 10-2 hours per month; 3 month commitment
- prior experience required
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...