46 people are interested
Volunteer Medical Assistant, EMT and CNA
ORGANIZATION: Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
Please visit the new page to apply.
46 people are interested
The Volunteer Nurse Assistant supports the patients, nurses and providers of the Clinic by escorting patients throughout the Clinic - to the exam room or the lab - and assisting nurses and providers in recording vital signs, cleaning exam room after patient use, and stocking supplies in exam rooms. Patient care responsibilities are defined as those skills for which they have been trained for and/or direction of a medical director who is authorized to independently diagnose and treat.
Qualifications: Certified MA’s, CNA’s and EMT’s with one year of direct patient care experience can apply for this job. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed. Strong organizational, problem solving and decision- making skills are preferred. Must like to work in a fast-paced team environment and be flexible with tasks. This volunteer needs to have compassionate listening skills. Experience working with underserved populations is helpful.
Scope of Practice at CVIM:
The Nurse Assistant can:
- Room patients
- Take vital signs and record on Golden Ticket with appropriate use of medical terminology, abbreviations and correct spelling, or report them to the nurse while the nurse records them in the EHR
- Perform pulse oximetry
- Prepare the patient for exam, as requested by the nurse
- Serve as a communication liason between staff members as directed by a nurse regarding patient care (i.e., labs, medical imaging, referrals and follow up appointments). The MA may not communicate with patient directly regarding these matters.
- Clean and stock rooms
- Perform phlebotomy if they are certified to do so
The Nurse Assistant cannot:
- Enter information into a patient’s Electronic Health Record unlessspecifically requested by a nurse
- Record or report chief complaint or HPI
- Make recommendations to a patient of any kind
- Make medical decisions regarding a patient
- Enter and pend new medication orders or immunizations
- Perform spirometry tests
- Perform ear lavage
- Administer vaccines
- Perform visual acuity testing
- Perform EKG tests
- Provide patient education or discharge instructions
- Awareness, understanding and adherence to all safety and infection prevention standards
- Application of aseptic technique principles
- Adherence to the clinic best practices including:
- Respiratory etiquette
- Safe handling of potentially infectious materials,
- Appropriate use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE),
- Application of Standard Precautions,
- Safe handling of all blood or body fluid contaminated areas/articles, appropriate disinfection and decontaminations of examination rooms, surfaces and equipment.
- When applicable, understand and application of appropriate sterilization principles
About Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
700 Molalla Ave, OREGON CITY, OR 97045, US
Since February 2012 the Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine Founders Clinic, the first free clinic in Clackamas County, has been providing medical services to the uninsured and underserved thanks to numerous volunteers, community grants, donations and community services from area hospitals and nonprofit medical and dental service provides.
We are a free health clinic, staffed by volunteers who are passionate about serving undeserved, low-income people of Clackamas County. We offer a place for patients to get well, and stay well.
700 Molalla AveOregon City, OR 97045
May 25, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- The Volunteer MA serves 4.5 hours per shift.
- One year of direct patient care experience in a clinical setting.