Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
The Volunteer RN supports the patients and providers of the Clinic by escorting patients throughout the Clinic - to the exam room or the lab - recording vital signs, documenting in the patient’s medical record, cleaning exam room after patient use, and stocking supplies in exam rooms.
Electronic Health Records Entry
- records vital signs, weight, O2 sats if indicated
- completes patient assessment related to reason for visit
- completes HPI, History and Physical Information
- completes social history, smoking, alcohol, and recreational drug use
- documents allergies
- Minor Wound Care
- Ear Irrigations
- Assist physicians with minor procedures, cyst removal, pap smears
- Administers injections i.e. flu vaccine
- Coordinates back office flow
- Schedules outside tests, referrals and follow up appointments as directed
- Returns patient phone calls as needed
- Cleans clinical area and patient rooms
- Provides adult patient education such as diabetes, hypertension and documents in chart.
About Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
700 Molalla Ave, OREGON CITY, OR 97045, US
Since February 2012 the Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine Founders Clinic, the first free clinic in Clackamas County, has been providing medical services to the uninsured and underserved thanks to numerous volunteers, community grants, donations and community services from area hospitals and nonprofit medical and dental service provides.
We are a free health clinic, staffed by volunteers who are passionate about serving undeserved, low-income people of Clackamas County. We offer a place for patients to get well, and stay well.