When transportation is a cancer patient’s biggest roadblock to treatment, we help provide the rides that can help save lives.
The American Cancer Society Road To Recovery(r) program offers cancer patients free transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment. For those who cannot drive themselves or have no other means of getting to treatment, volunteers donate their
spare time and the use of their personal vehicle to give cancer patients in their community a much-needed ride.
To ensure quality drivers, the American Cancer Society
screens every volunteer. They must also complete a
training course to prepare them for their new role.
* A good driving record
* A current, valid driver’s license
* Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
* Proof of adequate automobile insurance
* Complete an American Cancer Society training course
* Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Contact Tenna Taylor at 407.581.2512 or 301-697-7930 or Email: Tenna.Taylor@cancer.org
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training