Volunteers needed for Monday mornings in the County and Thursday mornings in the City.
The Court Watch Project is a community-based initiative within the court system to help improve court processes regarding Order of Protection hearings.
The mission of the Court Watch Project is to make the justice system more effective and responsive in handling cases of domestic violence perpetrated against women and children and to create a more informed and involved public.
The Goals of Court Watch...
- create greater safety for domestic violence victims
- accountability for offenders by insuring that the courts hearing Order of Protection cases implement the law correctly
- provide a supportive and safe environment for victims.
Are you interested in becoming a Volunteer Court Watch Monitor?
- Courtroom monitors are needed for both the St. Louis City and St. Louis County courts.
- Monitors must be at least 18 years of age,
- attend a 3.5 hour training prior to monitoring
If you are interested in becoming an agent of change as a volunteer monitor contact the Project Coordinator, Carla Maley at email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3- 4 hours per month
- must have transportation to either courthouse