Assist in helping school children from all over the Valley enjoy their trip to the theater!
Young people and teachers are some of our most important audience members and we want them to know it! We want them to feel welcome and respected at the theatre while learning about theatre etiquette.
What you will do: Greet school buses as they arrive at the Tempe Center for the Arts. Welcome the kids, teachers, and chaperones while instructing them as to who, what, when, where and how! Help school groups with other needs such as: where to store sack lunches, which doors to enter into the theater and directions to the restrooms!
Who you are . . YOU:
- love kids and enjoy interacting with them
- are outgoing, fun, and friendly
- know how to engage with young people and talk to/interact with large groups
- are able to project voice (on a bus filled with young people)
- feel comfortable climbing the steps of a school bus
- think young people should have access to the high quality arts experiences
Tues, Thurs and Fri 9:00am-11:45am, Weds 9:30am -10:45am - (can volunteer for one or multiple days each week)
Good match for :retired/former teachers, pre-service teachers, performers, moms, dads, college students.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Stage Management
- Theater Arts
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 or more days a week
- 18 years or older