International Development Volunteering SEED Madagascar Pioneer Programme
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
SEED Madagascar's aim is to help the poorest communities in Madagascar to empower themselves and develop in sustainable ways. A core priority is to conserve the delicate ecosystems of Madagascar through facilitating viable alternatives to deforestation. Our programs are at the frontline of global conservation and development work, emphasizing training, capacity building and education geared towards helping local people to help themselves.
Each Pioneer scheme lasts for 4-10 weeks and runs four times a year starting in January, April, July and October. Anyone over 18 can apply.
Dates for 2018
- 9th January - 19th March
- 3rd April - 11th June
- 3rd July - 10th September
- 2nd October - 10th December
- 8th January - 18th March
- 2nd April - 10th June
- 2nd July - 9th September
- 1st October - 9th December
- Active conservation of some of the world's most endangered endemic tree species
- Health and sanitation work including building wells and latrines
- Raising health and hygiene awareness - typically working with children in rural areas on crucial issues like nutrition, hand-washing and malaria
- Building and equipping schools
- Environmental education in remote villages
- Sustainable income-generating activities such as beekeeping, aquaculture and community vegetable gardens
- Development of sustainable agriculture
- Bird and lemur monitoring
- Community forest conservation
To a large extent, SEED Madagascar depends on the fundraising efforts of its volunteers to carry on its essential work. All volunteers are required to raise a minimum donation with the cost depending on their length of stay ofand must also cover pre-project costs such as flights and insurance. Don't let the donation amoung put you off, advice and guidance on fundraising is provided by the dedicated SEED Madagascar staff.Weeks
Duration 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Required
Donation £1395 £1495 £1595 £1695 £1795 £1895 £1995
We'll work with your schedule.
Fort DauphinFort Dauphin, B.P. 318Madagascar
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 4 - 10 weeks