22 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Council on Aging of Buncombe County
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
Not all seniors in our community have access to reliable transportation. For many, life without a vehicle creates barriers to basic services like health care appointments and grocery shopping. It is a tremendous relief to our clients to have somewhere to turn when they can no longer drive or use their vehicles.
That's where you come in.
Who are you?
- A good driver with a reliable vehicle and adequate car insurance coverage
- You're non-judgemental and compassionate
- You care about seniors and want to support those who need help most
- A resident of Buncombe County, NC, or nearby town
Who are we?
- The Council on Aging of Buncombe County was formed in 1964 to address the needs of seniors in our community
- We provide essential support to people over 60 who need assistance with food, heat or a/c, health care, and more
- Our volunteers make this work possible-- consider joining us today!
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of real people right here in western North Carolina, we would love to welcome you on board as a volunteer.
The safety of our clients is our highest priority. Here's what's required for this role:
- Clear criminal background check and driving record
- Minimum $100,000/300,000 in auto liability coverage
- Orientation and training with the Council on Aging
- A safe and reliable vehicle that passes NC inspection
Still interested? Contact us today!
About Council on Aging of Buncombe County
46 Sheffield Circle, Asheville, NC 28803, US
The Council on Aging of Buncombe County promotes the independence, dignity and well-being of adults through service, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging (COA) is a nonprofit organization that provides services to individuals age 60 and older. COA provides personal, caring support and assistance with the challenges of growing older. We provide referrals and help in learning the Medicare system, staying healthy and independent at home, and support for caregivers.
Multiple locations Asheville, NC 28803
September 20, 2022
- Google Apps
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Availability for at least two rides per month.
- Volunteers must have minimum insurance liability coverage of $100/300,000 and vehicles must pass safety inspection.