The Board will support the work of At Bat and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by At Bat’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements At Bat’s strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by At Bat for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing At Bat to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Meet once a month, time and date to be determined
- Idea for individuals who's passionate about helping at-risk youth and the city of Detroit