The ReStore needs volunteers to help drive our truck to pick-up donations from residences and businesses in the community. The donations truck driver position is vital to the success of the Habitat ReStore. Collecting donations offered to the Habitat ReStores through our pick-up route helps maintain the material flow to the store and offers an alternative to landfill disposal in our community. As a face for the Habitat organization, drivers provide a positive experience that encourages further donor involvement.
Training on how to drive the 24' box truck can be provided to volunteers committed to a minimum of 3 months of service.
This volunteer should:
- Have strong customer service and communication skills
- Be able to work well with a partner
- Be able to lift 50 #'s on a regular basis
- Be at least 21 years of age with a good driving record
Wednesdays from 8:30am-3:30pm
Thursdays from 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Fridays from 8:30am-3:30pm
Saturdays from 10am-2pm
For more info, email Emily at email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One shift weekly or biweekly, for a min. 3 months