Spend an hour a week visiting with an elder in his/her home. Talk, have lunch together, go for walks, become a FRIEND. Ethos is looking for volunteers who speak Haitian Creole to visit with an elder in Roslindale. Only know a little bit of Haitian Creole? Hone your skills by visiting with and engaging in conversations in Haitian Creole. The elders we serve through the Friendly Visiting program are typically very isolated and a language barrier only increases their isolation. Your weekly visits will brighten their day and improve their mental well-being. Make a new friend and sign-up today!
*Volunteers must attend a one time orientation
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Hatian / Creole
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one hour per week
- Home Care Office Assistant!
- Do you speak Haitian Creole?...
- Do you speak Cantonese? Relieve...
- Volunteer at Cafe Pride!
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Greek? Seniors need...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- Veterans Needed to Volunteer...
- Escort Seniors to Medical...
- Do you speak Arabic? Elders Need...
- PCA Office Volunteer