Volunteers serve as a member of the hospice team by sharing skills and interests in a manner that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for those served. Volunteers serve on a regularly scheduled basis and provide the following:
· Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
· Sharing hobbies and special interests -- reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
· Assisting with errands - grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions and supplies, banking.
· Homemaking tasks - light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, meal preparation .
No task is too big or too small for a hospice volunteer, but often the most important thing you can do is just "be there" for patients to reassure them they are not alone, to hold a hand, to offer a smile, or to just listen.
If you would like more information on this rewarding opportunity, call Julie at Grace today! 616.432.2050
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Office Volunteer for Grace Hospice
- Friend to Hospice Patients
- Friendly Companion for Hospice...
- End of Life Support
- Someone Needs You
- Life Review with Hospice Patients
- Friend to the End
- Hospice volunteer
- Friendship to Hospice Patient
- Hospice Volunteer
- Caregiver Relief for Hospice...
- Hospice Buddy
- Sitting with Hospice Patient
- Friend to Hospice Patient
- Relationship Building at End of...
- Meaningful Activities with...
- Spending Time with Hospice...
- Companionship for Hospice Patient
- Activities with Hospice Patients
- Doing Something that Matters