Purpose: Gain an understanding of NMDP Biorepository Services and how the department advances the mission of finding matched unrelated donors for patients in need of Hematopoietic stem cell transplants. Key Responsibilities: Provide support and work on projects in multiple areas including: registry repository, consent form processing, on-line registration, research repository, and kitmaking business unit. Qualifications: College student nearing completion of bachelor’s degree. Experience in general laboratory techniques and safety. Benefits Provided: The intern will benefit by exposure to aspects of BTM operations related to joining the registry (Registry Repository, Consent form processing, On-line registration), enrolling in Research (Research Repository), and supporting registry member testing at the time of work-up (KitMaker business unit).
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hrs/wk, minimum of 120 service hrs needed
- College student nearing completion of bachelor’s degree. Experience in general lab
- Be The Match Walk+Run Chicago
- Biorepository Service Intern
- Chicago Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Minneapolis Be The Match...
- Education and Outreach Service...
- Patient Services Programs Intern
- Finance, Contracts & Procurement...
- Be The Match Walk+Run Philadelphia
- Be The Match Walk+Run Minneapolis
- Case Management Service Intern