Have you always wondered what you can do to show your appreciation and give your support to our Veterans? To let them know they are not forgotten?..... Soldiers' Angels visits with patients at the VA Hospital as a way to show our appreciation.
Soldiers’ Angels is looking for outgoing and friendly volunteers to visit with Veteran patients at the VA Hospital.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Check in with hospital staff
- Visit with Veteran patients
- Distribute donated items to the Veterans
- Complete and submit documentation following each visit
Estimated Time Commitment
- 1 day a week for a minimum of 2-4 hours.
- Must be willing to stay on a regular visitation schedule.
- At this time it must be on a weekday during the hours of 8am - 5pm.
The following is an experience shared from a Soldiers’ Angels patient visitor.
Around the holidays I was visiting patients and passing out holiday stockings. I reached out and shook a Veteran’s hand and said "Thank you for your service." He looked at me and said no one has ever said that to him before. He explained how he came home from war at a time when service members were not treated so well and many even were angry at him for his service. He appreciated the kind gesture and the handshake. As I walked away, I heard him say "Wow that was pretty nice."
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week