About Patriot Placements
Patriot Placements is committed to serving the military community by working with the business community to promote job placement and economic independence to our nation’s heroes and their spouses.
Event Planner (Volunteer)
The Event Planner will play an integral role in Patriot Placements by planning and coordinating various events to garner support and increase the awareness and outreach of Patriot Placements Inc.
10 -15 hours per week depending on your schedule
South Florida Resident Required
* Assists the Manager of Fundraising with managing the "life cycle" of all events - pre-event planning, event, on-site and post-event logistics (location, promotion, sponsors, staff, volunteers, and participants).
* Implements various events to be sponsored by Patriot Placements Inc.
* Serve as a representative of the organization and establish strong social and professional relationships with volunteer leaders including Advisory Council members, donors, employment partners, and key community members in order to maximize funding opportunities via special events.
* Adheres to meeting and event budgets.
* Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* 1 - 2 years of experience in planning and coordinating events required.
* Knowledge of event planning, management, implementation process, timelines, execution, and best practices.
* Experience conducting research via the Internet is required
* Self-starter with strong project management and organizational skills who can take ownership and spearhead an initiative and see it through to completion.
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to write clearly and informatively.
* A clear and timely communicator who is highly self-motivated.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment