Good with Computers? Become a Senior Surf Day Instructor!
8 people are interested
Are You Good With Computers? Become a Senior Surf Day Instructor!
Teach basic, hands-on commputer and internet training to seniors who have little or no experience with computers and provide them with basic skills to access the information on the Internet. Classes are held at various libraries and community centers within Anoka County.
- Knowledgeable of basic Internet tools and functions and able to follow a structured lesson plan.
- Comfortable with teaching older adults.
- Flexible with the variable skill level of participants.
- Communicate with the staff of the host facility and be respectful of the space and equipment of the host site.
- Show the resources available at: www.medicare.gov , www.aoa.gov and www.MinnesotaHelp.info websites
- Advise seniors how to protect, detect and report healthcare fraud, abuse/waste and how to track their healthcare services more carefully.
Other Volunteer Opportunities include becomeing a Health Insurance Counseling Volunteer!
The world of Medicare can be complicated and many seniors and persons with disabilities are getting lost! Become a Health Insurance Counselor and work one-on-one with individuals to help them understand their benefits and options with Medicare.
Volunteers are trained to help individuals:
- Understand the basics of Medicare
- Answer Medicare questions
- Read Medicare health insurance forms
- Indentify Medicare Advantage and Supplement Plan options
- Study Medicare Part D choices
- File Medicare claims and appeals
- Assess Long Term Care Insurance Policies
- Consider eligibility for Medical Assistance
- Identify Medicare Fraud and Abuse
- Complete forms/applications for assistance
We'll work with your schedule.
Various libraries and Senior CentersAnoka, MN 55303
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training