The Palmdale City Library is looking for 1-2 volunteers to make a weekly commitment of 1-2 hours on Thursdays between 1-8pm, helping with craft preparation and cleaning of Storytime supplies. Attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to complete repetitive tasks is necessary.
Your time investment will help us host successful Storytimes several times a week!
A successful Volunteer Programming Aide will have the ability to:
- Trace, cut, and prepare small items, as well as clean toys and various items.
- Willingness to complete repetitive tasks.
- Follow written and verbal directions.
- Think on their feet and exercise sound judgment.
- Flexibility to help at events a plus.
- Interact in a friendly, patient manner with a diverse range of individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and conduct themselves in a professional, friendly, patient manner at all times.
Applications will be accepted April 18, 2017 - May 19, 2017.
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours weekly on Thursdays between 1pm and 8pm