Vocational ESL Tutor
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Under the supervision of the Vocational ESL Instructors, tutors will provide English tutoring support to IRC clients, with an emphasis on language skills that will help them in the workplace.
Vocational ESL tutors will provide English tutoring support to IRC clients, with an emphasis on language skills that will help them in the workplace.Location:
Homes of various clients in the northern San Joaquin ValleyTime Commitment:
Minimum 3 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.Responsibilities:
- Lead one-on-one sessions using ESL training materials
- Assist students with workplace- and home-related vocabulary and pronunciation
- Make copies of instructional materials when needed
English fluency is required. Ideal candidates will have tutoring experience or experience in education; students who are pursuing a certificate in TESOL are particularly encouraged to apply.How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hrs/week for at least four months.