WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Mentors guide refugee through the resettlement process by visiting them, helping them with their job search, practicing English with them, driving them to appointments, and providing insight into American culture.
- Visit client families at least on a weekly basis
- Help clients with language and job-search skills and provide general guidance regarding American life and culture
- Serve as a general friend and guide
Mentors work closely with case managers and volunteer coordinator. Most mentorship takes place during evenings and weekends. Participation in mentor orientation as well as the general orientation is required.
- Minimum commitment: 3 hr/week for four to six months
- Opportunities available throughout Stanislaus, San Joaquin, and Merced counties.
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training