Front Desk Ambassador
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. The IRC's receptionists serve to welcome clients and assist with a variety of clerical duties.
Front desk ambassadors serve to welcome refugee clients to the IRC office and connect them with available services while assisting with various clerical duties.Location:
IRC Turlock office (2925 Niagra St., Ste. 6, Turlock, CA 95382) and/or IRC Modesto office (1209 Woodrow Ave., Suite C4, Modesto, CA 95350)Time Committment:
Minimum 6 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and notify appropriate staff members about their arrival
- Answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions about the IRC
- Assist case managers and employment staff with filing and paperwork
- Help with other office tasks as needed
Basic computer skills, strong verbal abilities, and customer service are required. Experience with cross-cultural communication and office phone systems are a bonus.How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6?hrs/week for at least?four?months.