WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Employment mentors help refugee clients thrive in their new job positions by providing friendship, feedback, and general direction.
Employment mentors help refugee clients thrive in their new job positions by providing friendship, feedback, and general direction.
Homes of IRC clients throughout the northern San Joaquin ValleyTime Commitment:
Minimum 3-6 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.Responsibilities:
- Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, find networking opportunities, and help them understand U.S. work culture
- Provide assistance and feedback for clients as they practice interview skills
- Check in with employed clients weekly to learn about the status of their new jobs
- Answer questions about employment practices and expectations, as well as issues that might arise at work
- ?Practice work-related vocabulary terms
Ideal candidates will have expertise with resume writing and employment interviews, as well as knowledge of job search websites. Individuals with human resources experience are particularly encouraged to apply.How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Min. 3-6 hrs. per week for at least 4 months