Employment Services Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Under the supervision and direction of the Employment Supervisor, Employment Services Assistants help with a range of activities to help prepare refugee clients for their first jobs in the U.S.
Under the supervision and direction of the employment supervisor, volunteers help with a range of activities to help prepare refugee clients for their first jobs in the United States.Location:
Turlock and Modesto IRC officesTime Commitment:
Minimum 3-6 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.Responsibilities:
- Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, find networking opportunities, and help them understand U.S. work culture
- Provide assistance and feedback for clients as they practice interview skills
- Assist employment staff with a variety of projects and administration needs, such as filing and reviewing client records
- Assist employment staff with other tasks as assigned
Ideal candidates will have expertise with resume writing and employment interviews, as well as knowledge of job search websites. Individuals with human resources experience are particularly encouraged to apply.How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3-6 hrs/week for at least four months.