Employment Services Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInternational Rescue Committee2925 Niagra St.Suite 6Turlock, CA 95382
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Under the supervision and direction of the Employment Supervisor, Employment Services Assistants help with a range of activities to help prepare refugee clients for their first jobs in the U.S.
- Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, find networking opportunities, and help them understand U.S. work culture
- Provide assistance and feedback for clients as they practice interview skills
- Assist employment staff with a variety of projects and administration needs, such as filing and reviewing client records
- Assist employment staff with other tasks as assigned
- Minimum Commitment: 3-6 hrs/week for a minimum 4 months, longer volunteer commitments encouraged.
- Opportunities are available in both the IRC's Turlock and Modesto offices.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training