The Daffodil Dash is a fun, family oriented, inclusive 1 km walk and 5 km run event. It is an opportunity to bring the community together at an event that family, friends and co-workers can enjoy, regardless of age or fitness level.
Funds raised through the Daffodil Dash will lead crucial cancer prevention initiatives, fund lifesaving research, and deliver trusted information and compassionate support to people living with cancer and their caregivers.
Event day volunteers help create a fun and community focused atmosphere while making sure the race and festivities run smoothly. Event day volunteers are Daffodil Dash champions, who help bring the event to life by assisting in all areas, including:
- Set-up and take down
- Route traffic/marshaling
- Activities and entertainment
- Food and beverage
- Wherever help is needed the most!
- Be an integral part of the Vancouver Daffodil Dash
- Apply your experience in a social community event context
- Build community relationships and have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation
- Job-specific training based on event day role, leading up to or on event day
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Friendly and energetic
- Belief in the values and mission of the Canadian Cancer Society (read more at www.cancer.ca)
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours