Food Pantry Greeter
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): East Hartford, CT
Hours: Weekday mornings
Desired level of commitment: Once per month, 3 hours
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
- Greeting and interacting with community members at food pantry
- Answering questions as needed
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Furniture Bank Assistant
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant