Behavioral Health Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereWaukesha Area Offices717 N. East Ave.Waukesha, WI 53186
Catholic Charities Behavioral Health/Counseling Services is a State certified outpatient behavioral health clinic providing accessible, culturally competent, high quality mental health services for individuals, families, children and couples of all faiths. The Behavioral Health intern will gain experience by providing direct counseling (support psychotherapy, counseling, and other related services) to individuals, couples, families and groups. Intern will be participating in peer and supervisory consultations on a regular basis with as well as be clinically supervised by a Senior Therapist at the job site. Internship hours can be applied to intern’s licensure hours or practicum.
- The Intern will work closely with the clinical team members and graduate-level interns on a variety of tasks, including program coordination
- The Intern will facilitate/co-facilitate therapy and counseling to individuals, couples, and families
- The Intern will manage a small caseload of clients and provide individual therapy on a weekly basis and may perform crisis intervention, as needed
- Maintain appropriate case recording to include diagnosis, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries which meet appropriate quality assurance standards, outpatient mental health, accreditation, managed care, and other applicable standards.
- Follow professional protocol in reporting abuse/neglect cases, suicide and homicide threats, in compliance with applicable statuses and ethical standards and guidelines for your internship through your school
- Provide coverage for other staff within the Behavioral Health Department
- Provide data (surveys, checklists, assessments) to evaluate client outcomes for counseling services
- Participate in peer and supervisory consultation and quality assurance activities on a regular basis.
- Participate in clinical supervision at least 1 hour per week, and a monthly team supervision meeting
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited institution in social work or related counseling field required
- Holds Master’s Degree in social work or related counseling field, preferred;
- Pursuing a practicum and/or credit towards 3,000 hour certification
- Experience with multi-family problems preferred (individual, couples, wide age range)
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least one school semester