Activities Intern- Interact and have fun at our Adult Day Center!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereCatholic Charities Adult Day Center1919 N 60th StMilwaukee, WI 53208
Catholic Charities' Adult Day Center has been serving older and disabled adults sensitivity and dignity since 1981, supporting their health, nutritional, social and daily living needs in a professionally staffed group setting.
The socialization and interaction that our volunteers bring is very important to the health and well-being of our clients - many of whom have suffered from a stroke, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, as well as developmental disabilities. Activities Intern will receive hands on experience by assisting in providing socialization opportunities and activities to our clients and having weekly check-ins with the Director of Adult Day Services.
- Co-facilitate daily activities (art, music, literature, games, Reminiscing discussions) with staff and assisting with set-up and clean-up of activities
- Assist staff with clients participating in activities
- In collaboration with the Director of Adult Day Services, plan, develop and implement new activities or projects and special events
- Provide individualized attention to clients that might benefit from special care or attention
- Decorate Center Bulletin Boards and update activity board
- Greet clients, family, friends, and other volunteers as they arrive
- Act as a liaison between staff, volunteers, and participants
- Assist staff in supporting clients during arrival, lunch, snacks, and departure, as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Junior standing and pursuing a degree in: Liberal Arts, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Education or related fields
- Internship for College Credit is a plus
- Experience with Elderly and Adults with Disabilities is a plus, many of our clients have suffered from a stroke, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, as well as developmental disabilities
Help us as we help this wonderful population of elders!
Catholic Charities serves people of all faiths.
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training