Want to make a difference in the life of a homeless cat? Consider becoming Pet Haven's Cat Intake Coordinator.
The Cat Intake Coordinator evaluates requests from impounds, shelters, Reservations, and owners for placement into Pet Haven’s adoption program. The Intake Coordinator determines which cats PH will accept and is responsible for working to arrange appropriate foster homes for the animals being admitted to Pet Haven’s adoption program.
- Communicate with persons or organizations wanting to surrender a cat, confirming information provided and explaining PH policy and the procedure for surrender and/or transfer.
- Provide feedback and status information to Pet Haven Cat Division group.
- Post for placement via Volunteer Facebook page and emails communications to fosters.
- Work in tandem with the Cat Adoption Coordinator to place cats in foster care homes.
- Evaluate intake requests and approve or reject candidates according to PH policy and foster home availability
- Work with Cat Foster Coordinator regarding availability and capabilities of foster homes
- Create profile for cat in Pet Haven’s animal management database
- Clearly communicate vetting needs to new foster using a template format
- Collaborate with cat Division volunteers, including Vet Coordinator, Adoption Coordinator, and Records Coordinator.
5-10 hours per week
Intermediate computer skills including email and internet access
Good communication and decision-making skills
Knowledge and experience of animal behavior and health issues
Fill out a volunteer application: https://pethavenmn.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/week
- Must have intermediate computer skills including email and internet access
- Dog Foster Volunteer
- Cat Foster Volunteer
- Street Fleet Volunteers
- Supplies Team Volunteer
- Cat and Dog Meet and Greet Hosts
- Welcome Volunteers: Cat Division
- Temporary Dog or Cat Foster
- Special Event Volunteers
- Cat Intake Coordinator
- Training and Behavior...
- Welcome Volunteers: Dog Division
- Transportation Volunteer
- Merchandise Volunteer