The Program Leader is the key Volunteer overseeing their assigned program planning and execution. Programs meet on a consistent schedule, set by the local Playhouse Program Committee, either meeting on a weekly or monthly basis. The Program Leader works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and Site Coordinator to provide a high quality, outcome-driven programs according to the program models developed by GiGi’s Playhouse. This volunteer position requires a commitment of 1.5-6 hours per month, depending on the length and frequency of the assigned program, and includes the following responsibilities:
* Serves as the lead volunteer at the assigned program, responsible for planning purposeful, goal-oriented activities for each session which fills the allotted program time, as well as additional activities to promote skill-development (back up plan)
* Prepares the program space/ environment for program activities, including making sure age-appropriate (high energy) music is playing at all times, the Playhouse is presentable and organized, creates an atmosphere of celebration and acceptance, refreshments provided as needed
* Ensures program activities motivate participants and families to reach high expectations and give their "best of all", track participant "best of all" from week to week/ month to month
* Ensures each program session has a structured beginning and ending activity
* Facilitates program activities between the parent and child to promote parent education, encourages skills practice at home and between program sessions
* Greets families, fully engages each program participant/ family in the program activities
* Acts as a resource for families, answers questions regarding program activities, GiGi’s Playhouse, and the Program Leader’s area of expertise/ therapeutic specialty to collaborate in guiding participants meet their "best of all".
* Delegate responsibilities to assisting volunteers, such as taking pictures, monitoring sign in, set up of program supplies and refreshments, clean up, etc.
* Completes the Program Leader Checklist at the end of each program
* Communicates with Site Coordinator and Program Committee to ensure successful program delivery
The Program Leader role is a "hands on", active role and requires a Volunteer with the following skill set:
* Education and work experience in the specific therapeutic techniques or educational themes of the assigned program (ie. "Crawlers" program is led by a physical therapist, handwriting program led by an occupational therapist, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse
For additional information please contact Pam Lynch at 309-762-7529 or email@example.com.
Visit www.gigisplayhouse.org/quadcities to see more about the organization.
About GiGi's Playhouse Quad Cities - Down Syndrome Achievement Center
3906 38TH AVE, MOLINE, IL 61265, US
Our mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
GiGi's Playhouses are a series of Down syndrome achievement centers throughout the United States and Mexico offering no-cost educational, therapeutic and career developmental programming to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
Children & Youth
Education & Literacy
People with Disabilities
We'll work with your schedule.
3906 38th AveMolineMoline, IL61265
January 14, 2021
Teaching / Instruction
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
1 - 4 hours per month is typical but it depends on the program.
Volunteer Orientation is a requirement to volunteer at GiGi's. We hold a session every month.