4 people are interested
The Program Leader is the key Volunteer overseeing their assigned program planning and execution. Programs meet on a consistent schedule, set by the local Playhouse Program Committee, either meeting on a weekly or monthly basis. The Program Leader works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and Site Coordinator to provide a high quality, outcome-driven programs according to the program models developed by GiGi’s Playhouse. This volunteer position requires a commitment of 1.5-6 hours per month, depending on the length and frequency of the assigned program, and includes the following responsibilities:
* Serves as the lead volunteer at the assigned program, responsible for planning purposeful, goal-oriented activities for each session which fills the allotted program time, as well as additional activities to promote skill-development (back up plan)
* Prepares the program space/ environment for program activities, including making sure age-appropriate (high energy) music is playing at all times, the Playhouse is presentable and organized, creates an atmosphere of celebration and acceptance, refreshments provided as needed
* Ensures program activities motivate participants and families to reach high expectations and give their "best of all", track participant "best of all" from week to week/ month to month
* Ensures each program session has a structured beginning and ending activity
* Facilitates program activities between the parent and child to promote parent education, encourages skills practice at home and between program sessions
* Greets families, fully engages each program participant/ family in the program activities
* Acts as a resource for families, answers questions regarding program activities, GiGi’s Playhouse, and the Program Leader’s area of expertise/ therapeutic specialty to collaborate in guiding participants meet their "best of all".
* Delegate responsibilities to assisting volunteers, such as taking pictures, monitoring sign in, set up of program supplies and refreshments, clean up, etc.
* Completes the Program Leader Checklist at the end of each program
* Communicates with Site Coordinator and Program Committee to ensure successful program delivery
The Program Leader role is a "hands on", active role and requires a Volunteer with the following skill set:
* Education and work experience in the specific therapeutic techniques or educational themes of the assigned program (ie. "Crawlers" program is led by a physical therapist, handwriting program led by an occupational therapist, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse
For additional information please contact Pam Lynch at 309-762-7529 or email@example.com.
Visit www.gigisplayhouse.org/quadcities to see more about the organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
3906 38th AveMolineMoline, IL 61265
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Physical Therapy
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 4 hours per month is typical but it depends on the program.
- Volunteer Orientation is a requirement to volunteer at GiGi's. We hold a session every month.