Make a difference...serve as an Volunteer Long Term Care Ombudsman in the Reno area
5 people are interested
The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division is looking for individuals to serve as volunteer long-term care ombudsmen. As a volunteer ombudsman, volunteers advocate for residents in long-term care facilities by:
- providing residents information about their rights and available resources
- gathering factual information about resident's complaints
- assuring that resident's receive quality care and treatment from service providers.
We offer 12 hours of comprehensive classroom and field training to prepare volunteers to perform this important role. If you care about seniors, care about improving the quality of life for vulnerable residents living in long-term care facilities and want to ensure that they are treated with respect and dignity, give us a call TODAY!
We have volunteer roles open now in the Reno area! Contact Marie Coe by phone at (775) 687-0823 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division9670 Gateway DriveSuite #200Reno, NV 89521
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- Volunteers have the flexibility to choose their schedule within the following parameters.? Monday th