Change a life, teach an adult to read.
The Adult Literacy Program at the Oxnard Public Library needs volunteers to work one-to-one with an adult learner to help improve their ability to read and write English. Literacy advancement can empower learners to attain educational, career and personal goals.
Volunteers attend two training sessions (each three hours long) and held on Saturdays at the library. Background checks are also performed. Tutoring is done for 1.5 to 3 hours each week for a minimum of three months.
No prior tutoring experience is necessary only a desire to help an adult work toward his or her potential throught improved reading and writing.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 to 3 hours weekly
- Like to eat out? Tired of eating...
- Tutor for homework afterschool
- Got Computer Skills? Come see us!
- Adult Literacy Tutors
- Grocery shop for those who can't
- Learn Tai Chi then Teach it to...
- Distribute Food to Seniors
- Fight Hunger
- Build muscles and friends while...
- Friendly Visitor to a Senior