- Beach Cities Health District is a public agency formed in 1955 by the voters of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach to provide health care services in the community.
- Brain Buddy volunteers engage older and/ or disabled adults with memory loss in structured activities to provide socialization and engagement. Volunteers are recruited, trained, and then matched with appropriate participants on the basis of need and compatibility.
- Will be matched with a client and conduct weekly to biweekly visits in the client’s home to assist in structured activities, such as art, music, or games.
- Create an individualized activity plan based on client’s abilities and interests.
- Attend a case conference once every month to share any issues, concerns, etc. the client is facing.
- Must be 18 or older
- Empathetic and understanding of the needs of older adults and/or disabled adults experiencing memory loss or dementia.
- Complete the training program
- Ability to attend once-monthly case conference
- Communicate any information regarding client with their Care Manager
- Maintain client confidentiality
- 1-year commitment
All potential candidates are asked to complete the following application process to see if this position is an appropriate fit:
- Fill out application online at www.bchd.org/volunteer
- Participate in simple intake process conducted by Volunteer Services
- Interview with supervisor
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Reading / Writing
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-1.5 hrs/wk plus 1.5 hr training meeting/mo
- TB Test