Brain Buddy (Creative/Activities with Seniors)
41 people are interested
- Beach Cities Health District is a public agency formed in 1955 by the voters of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach to provide health care services in the community.
- Brain Buddy volunteers engage older and/ or disabled adults with memory loss in structured activities to provide socialization and engagement. Volunteers are recruited, trained, and then matched with appropriate participants on the basis of need and compatibility.
- Will be matched with a client and conduct weekly one hour visits in the client’s home to assist in structured activities, such as art, music, or games.
- Create an individualized activity plan based on client’s abilities and interests.
- Attend a support/training meeting once every month to share any issues, concerns, etc. the client is facing.
- Must be 18 or older
- Empathetic and understanding of the needs of older adults and/or disabled adults experiencing memory loss or dementia.
- Complete the training program
- Ability to attend quarterly volunteer support meeting
- Communicate any information regarding client with their Care Manager
- Maintain client confidentiality
- 1-year commitment
Application Process:All potential candidates are asked to complete the following application process to see if this position is an appropriate fit:
- Fill out application online at www.bchd.org/volunteer
- Participate in simple intake process conducted by Volunteer Services
- Interview with supervisor
About Beach Cities Health District
514 N. Prospect, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, US
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is here to empower you in making healthy decisions that improve your overall quality of life. Through a wide variety of health programs and innovative services we promote wellness in mind and body at every age. It’s your life. LIVE WELL.
As a public agency, BCHD is subsidized by district property taxes, program fees, healthcare business, lease and investment income. For every tax dollar we receive, we return approximately $4.79 back to the community in services and programs. In this respect, Beach Cities is truly YOUR health district.
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout the Beach CitiesRedondo Beach, CA 90277
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Reading / Writing
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week visit, quick monthly report, and quarterly support meeting
- TB Test