PRERNA is a non-profit humanitarian organization that empowers refugees with the opportunity to rebuild a sustainable life in the United States. We help refugees across all ethnicities and faiths become independent with continuum care. Our services include housing, healthcare, supplies, cultural assimilation, education and employment opportunities. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.
What you will be doing as a Education Lead:
- Help build, sustain, and manage our volunteer base for the education team (we are currently at around 20 volunteers just within the education team!).
- Help drive the programs for new, existing and advanced refugee speaking population across children, youth and adults.
- Work closely with established and new partnerships for the educational segment.
Skills & Requirements we are looking for:
- Creative thinking, taking initiative, a can-do attitude
- Strong project management skillset to lead groups of people would be key to being successful in this role
- Multilingual abilities are a huge plus
- Nonprofit experience and an educational sector background would be highly beneficial
- Resource Development / Management
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 4-5 hours per week