Concorso Ferrari & Friends Celebrates Connecticut Children’s Medical Center’s Patients on June 24, 2018 on LaSalle Road in West Hartford, CT.
The event attracts 10,000 Connecticut Children’s supporters and car enthusiasts each year. The highlight of the event is the "Parade of Kids," which is an exhilarating car ride for 40 Connecticut Children’s patients who are paired with drivers and driven into the heart of downtown West Hartford, where they will be greeted by the cheers of thousands of spectators and receive a red-carpet welcome.
Concorso Ferrari & Friends raises in excess of $100,000 annually to support Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Proceeds from the 2018 Concorso Ferrari & Friends will benefit the new Infusion and Dialysis Center at Connecticut Children’s, where children requiring infusions for Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, kidney disease and a host of other chronic conditions will receive world-class care in a single, state-of-the-art location.
General Event Set Up: 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM: Help Concorso Committee take out all items from the Ryder truck & set up pop-up tents, zip-tie signs to electrical posts, parade cones, fencing/barriers, red & white stanchions/roping and sand bags. Also, duties may include setting up PVC piping, red fencing, solid black chain(s) and ropes.
DJ Set Up
Traffic Directors: 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM: Cars will begin to arrive to the event at approximately 7:00 AM, some earlier. Your role is to direct them after they check in at registration. They will know if they are parade car or a display car, we will also provide you a list. It is very important that we get the drivers & their cars in the correct area. Please keep pedestrians safe, crowd control & safety.
Parade Control/Crowd Control: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- 40 Ferrari’s will leave LaSalle Road at approximately 10:45 AM to pick up the children at the Farmington Surgery Center.
- You will need to make sure that you watch the crowd while the Ferrari’s leave AND return.
- There will be a lull while the Ferrari’s go and pick up the children. After about 45 minutes to 1 hour, the Ferrari’s will return and drop the kids back off at the red carpet with the DJ stage.
- When the car drops off the child, you will need to make sure that the crowd stays back from the car. The crowd tends to push forward, we will have stanchions, parade cones, fencing/barriers, etc. but we will need to keep people back.
- You will need to help the car park.
Regalia/Auction: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Event Breakdown: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Child Welfare
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Multiple Shifts available
- Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.