Concorso Ferrari & Friends Celebrates Connecticut Children’s Medical Center’s Patients on June 25, 2017 on LaSalle Road in West Hartford, CT.
Founded in 2001, Concorso Ferrari & Friends is the signature automobile event for Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and Southern New England. It celebrates all makes and models of Italian automobiles - from vintage Alfa Romeos, Fiats and Lamborghini’s to the Supercars of Ferrari, Pagani and Maserati.
Concorso Ferrari & Friends was created by a group of owners who wanted to use their autos to bring smiles to the faces of patients while raising awareness and critical funding for Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. What once was a small gathering of friends has now grown into one of the most popular and highly attended events in Greater Hartford - raising more than $100,000 for the Medical Center and welcoming more than 10,000 spectators and 175 autos in a single day.
General Event Set Up: 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM: Help Concorso Committee take out all items from the Ryder truck & set up pop-up tents, zip-tie signs to electrical posts, parade cones, fencing/barriers, red & white stanchions/roping and sand bags. Also, duties may include setting up PVC piping, red fencing, solid black chain(s) and ropes.
DJ Set Up
Traffic Directors: 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM: Cars will begin to arrive to the event at approximately 7:00 AM, some earlier. Your role is to direct them after they check in at registration. They will know if they are parade car or a display car, we will also provide you a list. It is very important that we get the drivers & their cars in the correct area. Please keep pedestrians safe, crowd control & safety.
Parade Control/Crowd Control: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- 40 Ferrari’s will leave LaSalle Road at approximately 10:45 AM to pick up the children at the Farmington Surgery Center.
- You will need to make sure that you watch the crowd while the Ferrari’s leave AND return.
- There will be a lull while the Ferrari’s go and pick up the children. After about 45 minutes to 1 hour, the Ferrari’s will return and drop the kids back off at the red carpet with the DJ stage.
- When the car drops off the child, you will need to make sure that the crowd stays back from the car. The crowd tends to push forward, we will have stanchions, parade cones, fencing/barriers, etc. but we will need to keep people back.
- You will need to help the car park.
Regalia/Auction: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Event Breakdown: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Child Welfare
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Multiple Shifts available
- Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.