Creative Arts Workshop’s Celebration of American Crafts ’17, an end-of- year exhibition and sale of fine handmade crafts, is seeking two interns to work approximately 10 hours a week (each) from August 15th, 2017 to January 8th, 2018.
- Must understand this is a serious commitment for the duration of the role.
- Will be organized, prompt, and reliable.
- Must possess good computer skills, and an ability to learn new software is greatly desirable.
- Have the ability to work successfully unsupervised and to recognize and relay issues and concerns to the CAC Fellow essential.
Interns will work under the supervision of the CAC Fellow who will schedule and assign their work.
- The interns will input inventories from artists, produce bar codes from those inventories, reconcile received product with artist’s inventory and adjust as needed.
- Additionally, the interns will produce the CAC internal inventory control sheet for each artist and check that each one is accurate as of the opening of CAC.
- Throughout this process interns will be working closely with CAC volunteers and must understand the value of and the limitations to volunteer time and commitment.
- Interns will assist the Celebration Design and Display Committee in setting up the Celebration
- Interns will assist visiting artists with demonstration set-up and clean up.
- Interns will assist with special events such as Celebration of Style
- Additional duties may include storing and securing product inventory, packing materials and artist information; assisting with inventory and other requests from the sales volunteers during the sale and the after sale; and help with the take down of CAC after the sale is complete.
In exchange interns will receive two free courses from CAW, offer good for one year.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours a week