Associate Board Member
24 people are interested
The Associate Board is a group of young professionals dedicated to using their talents to help Traffick Free achieve its long-term goals of raising both awareness of human trafficking as well as the finances to continue to operate and eventually expand our 24-hour drop-in center. Primarily this will be active through the planning, marketing, hosting and production of revenue-generating events. Success on this board will elicit growth in leadership and professional development. Effective implementation of position would anticipate a commitment of an average of 2-4 hours per month.
* Each member shall serve a minimum one-year term with an option to renew for one additional year.
* Attend monthly meetings with other Associate Board Members. If unable to attend in person, do best to call-in.
* Contribute or successfully solicit $500 in annual donations.
* Participate in the planning and coordination of revenue-generating events, making every effort to help meet the financial goals as established by the Board of Directors.
* With collaboration from the Board of Directors and Volunteer Leaders, assist in:
a. Identifying opportunities to host awareness events.
b. Securing sponsorships from corporate donors.
c. Inviting personal network to Traffick Free events.
d. Encouraging personal network to become monthly donors.
* Adhere to ethical fundraising principles.
* Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Assist in defining the norms of the Associate Board.
* Actively participate in Associate Board communications.
External Representation and Professional Development
* Maintain decorum when representing Traffick Free that aligns with the faith-motivated, person-centered, and trauma-informed values of the organization.
* Consistently self-educate on areas of sex and labor trafficking, including cases, legislation, social services, companies that meet fair labor standards (and those that do not) .
* Demonstrate consistency and dedication through previous volunteer experience.
Candidates should send a resume and statement of interest to email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
1319 S State StChicago, IL 60605
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Exhibition Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month