The Associate Board is dedicated to using their talents to help Traffick Free achieve its long-term goals of raising both awareness of human trafficking as well as the finances to continue to operate and eventualy expand our 24-hour drop-in center. Primarily this will be active through the planning, marketing, hosting and production of revenue-generating events. Success on this board will elicit growth in leadership and professional development. Effective implementation of position would anticipate a commitment of an average of 4-8 hours per month.
Our first meeting will be July 19, 2017, where we'll talk about what it means to be on the board and the expectations we have, and also work together on setting some goals for the Associate Board.
* Each member shall serve a minimum one-year term with an option to renew for one additional year.
* Attend monthly meetings with other Associate Board Members. If unable to attend in person, do best to call-in. Follow-up with review of meeting notes within 48 hours of distribution.
* Contribute or successfully solicit $500 in annual donations.
* Participate in the planning and coordination of revenue-generating events, making every effort to help meet the financial goals as established by the Board of Directors.
* With collaboration from the Board of Directors and Volunteer Leaders, assist in:
a. Identifying opportunities to host awareness events.
b. Securing sponsorships from corporate donors.
c. Inviting personal network to Traffick Free events.
d. Encouraging personal network to become Advocacy Ambassadors (monthly donors).
* Adhere to ethical fundraising principles.
* Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Assist in defining the norms of the Associate Board.
* Assist in defining and assigning individuals for subcommittee roles.
* Actively participate in Associate Board communications and give at least one-month notice of foreseeable time-off or absence, along with a plan for execution of tasks during absence.
External Representation and Professional Development
* Maintain decorum when representing Traffick Free that aligns with the faith-motivated, person-centered, and trauma-informed values of the organization.
* Consistently self-educate on areas of sex and labor trafficking, including cases, legislation, companies that meet fair labor standards (and those that do not) and developments in social services, by reading materials supplied by Traffick Free, setting up Google alerts, and attending seminars when possible.
* Demonstrate consistency and dedication through previous volunteer experience.
Candidates should complete an online application (https://traffickfree.webconnex.com/volunteer) and submit a resume or link to an updated LinkedIn profile.
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month