Pet Therapy Teams - Volunteer with Hospice
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereOffice- 2 Campus Blvd2nd Floor610-436-1853Newtown Square, PA 19073
The mission to Compassus is to honor life and offer hope to individuals facing a life-limiting illness by supporting them and their families with compassion and dignity. Our focus is on pain management, comfort care and emotional and spiritual support.
Compassus has patients in communities throughout Delaware and Chester counties and we are looking for individuals who have an approved animal visitor (dog, cat, etc.) to visit terminally ill patients and their families to provide comfort, joy and companionship.
Pet therapy volunteers help by providing companionship and a social outlet to patients. Pet therapy handlers must produce documented evidence of annual reputable therapy pet organization membership and veterinary visits attesting to good behavior, good health and current vaccinations.
What do you receive?
- Free training time / location based on your convenience
- Free TB testing and background check
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Social activities and events
- A sense of purpose and pride in knowing you are making a difference!
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 4 hours per month
- Therapy (Animal) Certifications and Vaccination record
- Volunteer Music
- Hair Stylists Needed - Chester...
- Veteran - Veteran Hospice...
- Massage Therapists - volunteer...
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - WEST CHESTER
- Do you have a heart for Seniors?
- Music Volunteers Needed
- Office Volunteers Needed
- Hospice Volunteer/Veteran
- Become a Patient Support Volunteer
- Can you devote an hour to a...
- Volunteer Massage Therapists...
- Do you live in Chester County?...
- Give back this summer - become a...
- Become a Hospice Volunteer and...
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER - Delaware...
- Pet Therapy Teams - Volunteer...
- We Honor Veterans