American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Mission Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide
Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies:
Looking for volunteers to help with the following tasks the day of the event.
- Face painters for our kids creation play station
- Trail guides at water stations to keep water coolers filled and to cheer walkers on as they pass by the water station. Also gudes need at the starting point of the walk trail and at the trail turnaround point.
- Selling raffle & 50/50 tickets, must be 18 or older.
- Donations of baked goods to sell
- Donations of raffle baskets and items
- Making Coffee
- Donate or secure raflle items
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 15
- 4 hours
- Must live near Syracuse NY and surrounding suburbs