We are looking for volunteers to help us plan an event called "Stride to Wellness", a 5K and health fair for underprivileged communities in the Riverside area. The event, Stride to Wellness, will be held on September 9th at Cal Baptist University from 8 AM to 3:00 PM.
Participants who attend the health fair will be provided with information on health resources and common health topics in an attempt to decrease health disparities. Our objectives for the event are the following:
- Educate the Riverside community on common health topics (prioritizing specific topics based on the SHAPE Riverside community health data)
- Decrease the health disparities found in Riverside across all social groups
- Introduce various different health resources accessible to inhabitants of Riverside
- Create a welcoming environment that fosters long-term motivation for healthy lifestyle changes
Planning will be conducted through online communication and monthly meetings held at the Riverside public libraries throughout June to September.
- Physical Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week
- Must attend online meetings & monthly meetings held in Riverside,CA.