We are currently recruiting for individuals to serve on the Friends of Willow (FOW) Board of Directors (BOD). The role of the BOD is to ensure the organization is fulfilling its mission. When BOD members embrace their responsibilities, commit to engage productively, and contribute generously to serve the best interests of the FOW, they can accomplish great things in achieving the mission and the organization’s greater potential.
Serving on the FOW BOD can provide an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about improving the lives of animals. BOD members are expected to be active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and be fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- Annual "give?or?get" commitment of at least $1000. Commitment can be met by personal contributions, solicitations, or a combination
- Develop and implement an individual fundraising plan
- Represent the organization in and to the community
- Be aware of the organization's program priorities
- Evaluate the organization’s existing programs against its stated purpose
- Lend expertise and experience to the organization
- Exercise due care in overseeing the activities of the organization
Select and evaluate the organization’s executive staff
- Ensure that members of the BOD reflect the communities served by the organization
- Be willing to work respectfully
- Correct and take responsibility for errors and oversights
- Be accessible to staff and to others BOD members
- Prepare well for meetings
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Protect assets and provide proper financial oversight
- Work to maintain continued growth of the BOD and FOW
- Attend at a minimum 75% of BOD meetings each year. Board meetings are scheduled around member schedules.
- Attend our annual major fundraising events.
- Participate as a member on at least three committees and serve as a coordinator for at least one.
- Regularly attend committee meetings.
- Make a two?year commitment to serving on the BOD.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a respectable tone when representing FOW
- Willing to make a commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Willing to make a financial commitment
- Reliable access to online email, drive, and database platforms
- An affinity for cultivating relationships, building consensus among diverse individuals, and inspiring action
- Able to attend and prepare for committee and BOD meetings
- With experience in business, finance, technology, education, strategy development, fundraising, and/or public relations
- Understanding that participation requires a high level of commitment and time
- A collaborative decision-maker
- Have a strong desire to help the organization raise funds for its work
- Able to exercise appropriate judgment and oversight
How to Apply: To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Rachel Church, BOD President, at email@example.com.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-10 hours per week