JOB TITLE: Grant Writer
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TIME COMMITMENT: Part Time/Virtual (Just need help getting organization off the ground)
The Grant Writer prepares the agency’s process for government and private foundation grant submissions; performs research to identify likely grant sources; distributes information internally to agency staff and externally to grant sources in support of grant requirements; and coordinates the annual reporting requirements for all executed grant contract Throughout the grants process the Grant Writer/Coordinator interfaces closely with the Accounting and Fundraising department.
In this advocacy, our efforts may be great, but they are not enough yet. We are a young organization and our immediate goals is to build the foundation in which we plan kick start our initiatives in communities in Atlanta.
Our programs at HYPE, which involve community service, HIV education and care, and self and social empowerment, should materialize today to ensure sustainability and long-term benefits. Your knowledge and skills can help us make that possible.
1.Research grant sources (government and private) compatible with H.Y.P.E. to Empower’s, Inc. mission, values and programs in support of the agency’s strategic and program goals, and coordinate the grant fulfillment processes.
2.Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines outlining tasks, assignments and deadlines; meet all deadlines; facilitate timely communications with program leadership; collect grant submission materials from program leadership.
3.Draft and edit grant proposals, checking for completeness against grant instructions, spelling, grammar and style. Format agency budget to meet grant sources’ budget requirements.
4.Develop grant budgets in coordination with Program Managers and Accounting staff.
5.Copy, collate, package and mail final grant materials per grant instructions, meeting deadlines for submission. Respond to inquiries from grant sources and programs timely and strategically based on the direction of the department director.
6.Maintain complete files for all grant requests submitted including copies of compliance reports submitted by program directors as required by grant sources.
7.Oversee reporting requirements for federal, state, local and private foundation grants in coordination with the agency’s multiple programs and Accounting department.
8.Maintain a database system for tracking all grant submissions and reporting deadlines.
9.Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
10.Distribute appropriate information relating to grants to H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. departments (programs, Accounting, Development, Communications, etc.).
11. Maintain database of all grant-related, program outputs and outcomes, and report monthly.
12. Establish and maintain positive relationships with government and private grantors and agencies.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the policies and procedures guiding the work of this position and the program or department overall. Perform job functions in line with these policies and procedures.
- Participate in training required by accreditation standards, plus performance and quality improvement efforts.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
The business and social environment we operate in has changed. What worked yesterday may not work today and will likely not work tomorrow. To thrive, we must incorporate new ways of thinking and embrace new practices. As part of our individual and agency cultural change process, it is critical that all employees of Catholic Charities aspire to the following:
- A commitment to the agency’s mission, vision, and values;
- A commitment to excellence in everything we do;
- A commitment to accreditation as well as performance and quality improvement;
- A commitment to outcomes and measured results;
- A commitment to innovation and to what is possible.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
1.Excellent organizational skills needed. Must be able to prioritize responsibilities properly and handle multiple tasks relating to concurrent grant and development projects.
2.Excellent written and oral skills
3.Demonstrated proficiency with computers, particularly Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite 2010. Familiarity with databases; ability to develop budgets and program in Excel; and ability to fully utilize Outlook required.
4.Friendly and helpful attitude. Ability to work closely with other volunteer board, volunteer Executive Director to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency.
5.Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
6.Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of H.Y.P.E. and its clients.
7. Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Organization Recruiter needed...
- Secretary Needed for Board
- Fundraising Committee in need of...
- Book keeper needed for a young...
- In need of Board of Directors...
- Proposal Writer Needed
- Treasurer and Accountant
- Grant Writer Needed
- Assistant Needed
- Looking for a diverse squad of...
- Skill Based Board needed to...