100 people are interested
Environmental Art Sculpture Assistant
ORGANIZATION: MORE GARDENS FUND
Please visit the new page to apply.
100 people are interested
Please send your resume and website to us when applying.
Also, please let us know why and how you are wanting to volunteer with us.
There are a lot of wonderful applicants and we'd like to know you right away.
Working on an outdoor arborsculpture project and an egg-shaped structure in a community garden.
Creating living willow structures.
Skills: Carpentry, sculpting, (welding) creative improvising, research, collaboration, love of nature and the outdoors.
Deatails:Volunteer opportunity description
- Assisting in and creating environmental outdoor art projects such as in community garden. Check out More Gardens website link: https://www.moregardens.org/art-of-nature-1
- Research and design of environmental and educational artwork (this part is mostly remote during the colder months of Jan & Feb)
- Overnight Trip/s upstate to harvest living willows (optional).
- Please respond as to why and how you are wanting to volunteer with us and a link to your creative world. There are a lot of wonderful applicants and we'd like to know you right away.
- Passionate about More Gardens mission and programs
- Desire to create artivism and an understanding of environmental art
- Understanding of social and environmental justice
- Ability to be outdoors when weather permits.
- Enjoy working with diverse communities, including children.
- Works well in collaboration and can also work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to improvise and change in a dynamic environment
- Reliable and consistent
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MORE GARDENS FUND
79 CLINTON ST APT 17, NEW YORK, NY 10002, US
Rooted in arts and education we are community people, community gardeners, and environmental and social justice activists. We promote the enhancement and preservation of community gardens as well as the cultivation of fallow land in New York City.
The More Gardens! Coalition is a group of community people, community gardeners, and environmental and social justice activists, rooted in arts, promoting the development and preservation of community gardens as well as the cultivation of fallow land in New York City. We share information about community gardens with the public in order to raise awareness and engage people in both actual gardening and political activism.
129 Stanton StreetNew YorkNew York, NY 10002
April 14, 2023
- Problem Solving
- Visual Arts
- Theater Arts
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hrs or more per week.