About: Since 1992, Big Apple Greeter has given New Yorkers an opportunity to give back to the city they know and love through its free New York City welcoming service. Dedicated to showing "New York City through the eyes of a New Yorker," the greeter service connects visitors with knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers who proudly show neighborhoods throughout the city.
Mission: To enhance the worldwide image of New York City and enrich the New York experience by connecting visitors with knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers.
- Big Apple Greeter is looking for a volunteer intern that will operate our Instagram page. We’d like the intern to coordinate with Volunteer Greeters by collecting pictures and information on a weekly basis.
- Use all data collected to keep the Instagram account active in a timely manner by writing, editing, and curating posts, all while keeping true to Big Apple Greeter’s mission and brand.
- Help develop best practice and maintain fluency in social media content best practices (image sizing, keywords, hashtags, etc).
- Ensure the expansion of the organization’s reach and enhance image by introducing, promoting, and building an audience on the social media platform.
- Current undergraduate student interested in public relations, communications, marketing, tourism, and travel.
- Creative, energetic, flexible, and excited to be part of what Big Apple Greeter is all about.
- Advance knowledge in managing social media for an organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Part-time with flexible hours (4-6 hours a week); 2-half days
- ON-SITE internship
- 3-4 months (flexible starting and ending dates) (mid-May - mid/ end of August)
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter and resume to Gail Morse, Director of Volunteers, and on the subject line write "Social Media Intern Position".
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment