Needle Crafters Program Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSan Leandro Public Library300 Estudillo AvenueSan Leandro, CA 94577
Volunteer Position Title: Needle Crafters Program Assistant
- Reports to the Librarian who serves as the Adult Services Programming Coordinator.
- Arrives 15 minutes early each 2 nd and 4 th Sunday (except holidays); checks to see if the security guard has opened the door to Conference Room C. If the security guard is not there and Conference C is not open; then goes to the Reference Desk and ask as staff member to call Guard and ask him to unlock the door.
- Sign in at the Volunteer Sign-in Station in the Mending Area
- Goes to Conference Room C. Greets new people, ask them for their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- At 2:30, makes any announcements that are of interest to the group.
- Counts the number of people in attendance (so we can report the number to Mary Lee Barr, the Adult Volunteer Coordinator).
- About 3:30, starts gathering up materials, etc. so that at 3:45 everyone can leave the Library.
- Before leaving the room, checks the floor area to make sure no one has dropped anything.
- Turn off the lights and close the door!
- Last, sign outs at the Volunteer Sign-in Station.
- Sends an emailed attendance report following each Needle Crafters session to the Adult Services Coordinator.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in knitting or crocheting or other needle crafting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Open and flexible attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse community
Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week and a minimum of 6 months.
Adult library volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Supervisor: Adult Services Programming Coordinator
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- At least 6 months