Summer Meals Volunteers Needed for Breakfast and Lunch
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
37 people are interested
The Summer Meals Program provides 45,000 breakfasts and lunches to kids during the summer. It is a partnership between the USDA, ISD #197, Special District #6 and Neighbors. The USDA provides the food, the schools provide an expert cafeteria staff person on site and Neighbors provides volunteers.
- Set up food service lines, help with food prep and serve food to students.
- Build positive community relationships by greeting and talking to students.
- Assist cafeteria staff with inventory of food before and after meals.
- Help with cleaning of service area and storage space.
- Garlough Elementary School in West St. Paul
- Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights
- Kaposia Education Center in South St. Paul
- Moreland Elementary School in West St. Paul
- South St. Paul High School in South St. Paul
- Must be 14+ or 10 if accompanied by an adult. Sign up with a friend!
- Able to treat everyone and every situation in a friendly manner.
- Able to lift boxes of food and be active for several hours at a time.
- The schools require that volunteers wear closed-toed shoes and hair restraints. Volunteers may bring their own hat to wear or use hairnets provided by the school.
- Groups of 2-4 volunteers can be accommodated depending on the need.
222 Grand Ave WSouth St Paul, MN 55075
- Child Development
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 10
- Short-term, summer, flexible, hours vary depending upon school site
- Complete Neighbors Volunteer Application