Light The Night Recruitment Committee
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40 East Adams StreetSuite LL40Jacksonville, FL 32202
LIGHT THE NIGHT RECRUITMENT COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Light The Night Recruitment Committee Members are responsible for working with the Chapter staff to increase fundraising participation through team recruitment and cultivation activities and by mentoring fellow team captains throughout the campaign.
- Form a team of your own to set a positive example as you encourage others to participate
- Attend committee meetings - hour long meetings hosted every 6-8 weeks
- Work with staff to conduct outreach to local doctors, hospitals, clinics, support groups and staff of oncology/hematology departments that you are already connected with to encourage team participation and publicizing Light The Night to their staff and patients and their families.
- Work with staff to recruit new fundraising teams from the Jacksonville community.
- Invite new patients and families to form teams for Light The Night and to attend the city wide Kickoff.
- Mentor new teams through ongoing communication. A timeline, talking scripts and sample emails will be provided along with ideas to share with team captains for recruiting team members, motivating team participants, and fundraising ideas.
- Attend Light The Night events:
- City Wide Kickoff - date TBD (Late August or early September)
- Light The Night - November 17th
- Maintain communication with Light The Night staff
Qualifications and Skills
- A sincere interest in making a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients
- Willingness to share information about Light The Night and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with personal contacts and seek the involvement and participation of others
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong goal-orientation
For more information about Light The Night of Jacksonville visit www.lightthenight.org/ncfl
Please note that you are not required to be in Downtown Jacksonville to join.
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- One hour meetings every 6-8 hours May-November