Job Summary: LeMay-America’s Car Museum’s Events Interns are instrumental in providing outstanding service to Museum clients, guests, and visitors. Our Events Interns assist with the preparation and execution of Private & Signature Events. Interns may facilitate site tours where needed with supervisor approval. Interns may also assist with administrative duties and developing outreach opportunities. Strong candidates will have experience in events, great customer service and communication skills, and a desire to work with a variety of events and people. Additional knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of its applications is desired.
1. Develop a strong understanding of the Museum as a facility for hosting large and small scale events;
2. Assist with preparation and execution of the Museum’s Private, offsite, and Signature Events;
3. Assist with maintaining event department supplies and records;
4. Research and develop event logistics as needed;
5. Be on time and prepared for shifts, meetings and appointments;
6. Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions with employees, vendors, committees, and outside contacts;
7. Complete all shift responsibilities as required, both on time and accurately;
8. Assist with entering data into rental agreements and creates event forms, Visio schematic for events set-up, books events on the Master Calendar, and update the Event Booking File Checklist;
9. Monitor vendors onsite for deliveries and day-of vendor assistance;
10. Set-up for events: Including but not limited to table set-up/chairs/microphone speakers;
11. Move events equipment and supplies, as needed;
12. Preform other duties as assigned.
1. (Required) - Student who is at least 18 years of age.
2. (Required) - The ability to pass ACM’s in-depth background investigation including criminal history and personal references.
3. (Required) -Must be able to work for at least 5-10 hours a week for at least 6 weeks.
4. (Required) - Must be able to work a flexible schedule of hours including weekends.
5. (Required) - Fluent in the use of the English language.
6. (Required) - Strong computer and communication skills including.
7. (Required) - Strong organization skills and attention to detail, ability to multi-task between different projects and/or departments.
8. (Required) -Professional communication and teamwork skills.
9. (Required) -Exceptional character, honesty, integrity and professional boundaries. Personal conduct which compromises any of these qualities is a cause for termination of internship.
10. (Required) -Strong work ethic and positive, solution focused attitude.
11. (Required) - Professional interpersonal skills that include a tactful, gracious and courteous demeanor that facilitates excellence in public relations, employee relations, and client relations.
12. (Required) - Provide professional representation of the museum while interfacing with clients, vendors, committees, and colleagues.
13. (Required) - Ability to stand/walk or sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
14. (Required) - Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds frequently.
15. (Preferred)- An appreciation of the automobile and its role throughout American society.
16. (Preferred) - Ability to drive personal vehicle for museum business purposes.
17. (Preferred) - CPR training.
To apply for this internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to Volunteer@AmericasCarMuseum.org.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Able to work for 5-10 hours a week for 6 weeks