Healthcare/ Human Service Volunteer/Interns
9 people are interested
"If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."- Seth Godin
Healthcare and human service undergraduate students can play a valuable interdisciplinary treatment role with Compassus Hospice. Compassus offers both volunteer and internship opportunities at locations throughout the entire state of New Jersey. By making a commitment of at least 8 hours a week, interns will be trained to become an integral member of our hospice team. Your role will include participating in patient assessment, treatment plans, patient care and medical records documentation. Volunteers and interns are trained to provide physical, psychosocial, and spiritual support to the hospice patient and family. Interns visit with our patients to provide socialization, sensory stimulation, creative arts and companionship.
How can you benefit by being a volunteer or intern?
- Build your resume: Volunteer experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility
- Acquire knowledge about hospice and experience in the healthcare field
- Develop patient interaction skills
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development- this is not a sit and observe us internship!
We offer you:
- Free training at a location near year anda time based on your convenience
- Free TB testing and background check
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Flexible scheduling and patient assignments in your area
We'll work with your schedule.
Patients' homes and long terrm care facilitiesthroughout Cumberland CountyVineland, NJ 08360
- Must be at least 18
- 100 hrs