389 people are interested
A Court Assistant:
- Conducts financial interviews to determine client's eligibility for a court appointed attorney.
- Greets the public, attorneys, interpreters and various court personnel.
- Directs the public and courthouse visitors to the appropriate court location(s).
- Answers public inquiries, via phone, mail and in person.
- Directs probation and pretrial clients to the appropriate office and community resource.
- Filing and shredding of court documents.
- Other duties and cross training as desired.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fairfax County General District Court -Court Services
4110 Chain Bridge Road Room 211-C, Fairfax, VA 22030, US
Court Services Unit Mission Statement
To serve the Courts and the community by providing information, client supervision, and a wide range of services in a professional manner while advocating public safety.
Volunteers Mission Statement
To provide court services and information to the Court and the public in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner.
Volunteers are part of the Court Services Unit of the Fairfax General District Court. This is the lower court of the Virginia justice system. In this court, misdemeanors, traffic infractions, civil cases for $15,000 or less, small claims lawsuits for $2,000 or less and preliminary hearings on felony charges are heard. It is a diverse, fast paced environment which provides a broad exposure to the court and legal system.
We'll work with your schedule.
4110 Chain Bridge Road Room 203Fairfax, VA 22030
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months to 1 year