St. Anthony’s Free Clothing Program is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program. FCP provides warm clothes, interview and employment apparel, and children’s clothing to low-income families and individuals, including those who are homeless. The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 150 guests per day in our three services: Men’s Service, Women’s Service, and Family Service. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible to ensure that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience.The truck ride along volunteer will assist our driver in making runs to pick up clothing donations which are vital to our program in providing guests with high quality clothing on a daily basis. This volunteer will assist our driver and other St. Anthony’s staff in transporting clothing donations from the donation drive host site, onto our truck and ultimately to our clothing program on the second floor, so that it can be sorted, processed, and given out to guests in the Free Clothing store. Please note the Ride-Along volunteer may not drive St. Anthony’s trucks or vehicles at any times.
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to take direction
- Awareness of surroundings and potential safety hazards at all times
- Ability to lift and vary 50 to 100 pounds
- Ability to climb in and out of raised truck
- Ability to stay on feet for a full shift (4 hours)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a polite and respectful representative of St. Anthony's with donors
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and low income
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented
- Ability to volunteer with minimal supervision and as a part of a team
- Adherence to guidelines explained in the Volunteer/Intern Handbook
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation's Statement of Values, and desire to volunteer for a social service agency serving people who are homeless and low-income.
*Please not that this opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org. Thanks!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week, for 3 months (minimum)
- Ability to lift and move 50 to 100 lbs, ability to climb in and out of the truck repeatedly